Electrical Trade Test
N5 Electrical Engineering
Heavy motor vehicle driving License - International driving permit can be applied for and obtained.
High Voltage Authorisation
HV operating regulations
Fall Arrest Systems - FAS - Working at heights and rescue
Supervision and equipotential earthing
First aid level 2 training
Defensive driver training
Extra high voltage certificates: Identification, Hardware & fault finding
Emergency restoration systems - Kema tower - level 1
Chainsaw operator course
Guidelines for risk assessment
Hazard identification and risk assessment training - HIRA
Fire fighting training
Emergency preparedness training
Defensive driver training - both 4X4 and 4X2
Sling and communicate during crane operation training
Occupation health and safety induction course
I enjoy spending time with family and friends, traveling with family on weekend trips. I am interested in learning the sport of fishing. I enjoy online gaming.
I am currently employed at Eskom the power utility in South Africa, within the transmission division and am exposed to voltages ranging from 132KV, 275KV, and 400KV. I can offer a potential employer more than 11 years' experience managing, operating and maintaining high voltage power lines and networks.
A brief description of my outputs and responsibilities are:
Maintenance of transmission HV lines ranging from 132 to 400KV
Typical examples of maintenance tasks performed are:
- Insulator replacement, conductor stringing, replacement of line hardware & attachments, mid span compression joints during emergency restorations.
- Inspections, replacement and repairs to tower members/steel lattice members.
- Detailed inspection reports on HV lines
- Installation and maintenance of mitigation measures to ensure continuity of supply i.e. aviation spheres, anti - perch devices/bird guards, tower labels and line crossing labels.
- I perform operating (switching, linking, safety testing and application of earths)
- Defect prioritizing, defect tracking and clearing of defects using SAP
- Work order management
- Customer liasing to continuously improve customer relations and satisfaction
- I am familiar with aerial inspections
- I am responsible for ensuring work sites are safe to work on
- Contractor management, this entails operating, safety testing, viewing contractor safety file to ensure compliance to company safety and work procedures, conducting risk assessments with contractors, issuing work permits and in some cases direct supervision.
- Mentoring and coaching
- I conduct in depth inspections on newly built capitol projects associated with lines before energization.
- I am a member of two crucial response teams, GLMT - Grid Line Maintenance Team and ERS responsible for erecting emergency restoration systems known as Kema towers.
I have been awarded numerous awards and received recognition for various tasks such as:
- Customer satisfaction
- Best divisional project or initiative